lundi 29 avril 2024

Computers and intractability : a guide to the theory of NP-completeness Michael R. Garey David S. Johnson 1979.

I have been trying to study this book for several month. 

In spite of it being considered as obsolete by some readers because of the PCP theorem I keep trying to understand the first two chapters.

With no regards to  looking ridiculous, I am asking myself if my brain isn't any of the non deterministic polynomial algorithm described in the book.

In order to  keep my self-esteem, I have started asking myself if it is not a special edition published in America during the cold war to help the russians  enhance their atomic-bomb! 

The fact is that each time I think that I have grasped  the nature of a conceptual object presented in the book  I end up discovering that I am wrong and I have to go back and study again........ and discover again that I have failed to understand the basics .

I have lost to much time. I can see there is some action there but I still can't be sure about who is the man and who the woman!

I just jump from one confusion to another one and there is no other explanation than this one: it's the Grand Mufti fault!

Therefore I have to find and study a book with a more progressive and pedagogique approach.


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire